ATI Case Study: TAS Water
ATI was engaged to design, supply, install and maintain the microwave radio network to connect the water corporations sites in Tasmania.
- Client: TAS Water
- Project Type: Microwave Link
About this Project
ATI successfully tendered to provide the microwave radio network for the Cradle Mountain Water project.
The network consists of high capacity licenced links. The network was designed to comply with the organisations requirements for 99.999% reliability. The proposal included the construction of a completely new site including a monopole, engineering and soil tests, perimeter fencing and a concrete pad for the monopole to be built on.
The most recent project was to provide a single microwave link in Devonport.
Detail on Work Undertaken
Antenna and Mounts
• Delivery and assembly of galvanised steel antenna mount to the building roof.
• Installation of the antenna mount.
• Delivery and assembly of antenna.
• Installation of Antenna on the mount.
• Earthing of the antenna mount using a 16mm earth Cable.
• Installation of 1 x LMR400 feeder cable from radio frequency unit to indoor equipment.
• Installation of outdoor mounted radio frequency unit and connection of coaxial feeders.
Earthing & Lightning protection
• Installation of feeder cable earth kit.
• Installation of surge arrestors in its bracket on the antenna mount.
• Installation of earth cables from equipment to rack earth bar.
DC Supply System
• Installation of the Eltek DC rectifier and batteries in equipment rack.
• Installation of indoor microwave radio equipment in equipment rack
Commissioning and Testing
• Alignment of antennas to achieve the required RSL.
• Confirm and record configuration of equipment installed in accordance with test plans.
• Test equipment.
• Confirm network connectivity to all devices
This project was completed on time and within budget. ATI continues to provide onsite maintenance support for TAS Water’s microwave radio network across Tasmania.
Latest Projects & Case Studies
ActewAGL Case Study
ATI has been involved in multiple projects with ActewAGL, most notably the initial
deployment of a then high capacity digital microwave network across the ACT.
Murrumbidgee Council Case Study
ATI’s proposal for the Microwave wide area network solution provides a cost effective solution, delivered by a team with extensive experience supporting Councils in Victoria and New South Wales.
TAS Water Case Study
ATI was engaged to design, supply, install and maintain the microwave radio network to connect the water corporations sites in Tasmania, and comply with the organisations requirements for 99.999% reliability.
Let's Discuss Your Project
Head Office: 5/27 Mars Rd, Lane Cove NSW 2066
Support Offices: Tullamarine VIC / Brendale QLD
Trading Hours: Monday - Friday | 8am to 6pm
24/7 Help Hours available via contract only